[NBLUG/talk] Linux virus protection?

David shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Tue Jul 11 13:29:32 PDT 2006

If you really wanted security on a linux system, set up things like SElinux,
Pax, hardened gcc with smashing protections, and IDS systems like snort and
tripwire.  There are some secure linux distros that do this kind of thing for
you like Trustix and EnGarde, which can set up very secure systems and stop many
zero-days and rootkits from ever compromising your systems.
~David~