[NBLUG/talk] executables to run at boot

Tim C. Lewis tclewis at oreilly.com
Tue Jul 25 18:10:56 PDT 2006

you should either write your own /etc/init.d/ script to start/stop your
program, using /etc/init.d/vixie-cron as a template for it, or if you just
want it started on boot but don't care about stopping/restarting it with
gentoo scripts, you can just add the program command to
/etc/conf.d/local.start, and make sure local starts during the bootup
sequence:
rc-update add local default

-tcl.