[NBLUG/talk] sox ulaw to mp3

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Wed Sep 27 20:32:14 PDT 2006

Hi Walter,

ulaw is different enough that I'm not surprised some apps don't
understand it. You will probably need to do a sample rate conversion
to something more typical as an intermediate step - also you will get
the proper resolution since ulaw is compressed and you don't want it
to be treated as raw even if you get the sample rate to match.

Cheerful regards,

Bob