[NBLUG/talk] Kubuntu resets screen resolution to 640x480 after restart

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:17:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM, William Tracy <afishionado at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm assuming that there are some NAT, firewall, or dynamic IP issues
> that keep you from SSHing in to look at the conf yourself? ("I edited
> the conf file remotely. Log out, hit ctrl+alt+backspace, log in again,
> and see if you can select a higher resolution now.")

Yeah, they're behind a router that's using NAT, and the ISP (AT&T DSL)
uses a dynamic IP address.  Maybe next time I'm up there, I could set
up port forwarding for SSH and show them how to get their external IP
address off the router.

That being said, it looks like Kubuntu was able to configure
everything correctly out of the box, so I'm wondering if there might
be a better way to fix this (I haven't looked at how the hardware
auto-configuration works on Ubuntu).

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>