problems connecting to the net.

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Nov 13 11:09:35 PST 2000

Hi-

What's the output from /sbin/ifconfig ? (after bringing up eth0)
In particular, we're interested in the entries for eth0
Usually the command to manually bring up and shutdown an interface is:
	ifconfig <interface> up|down
so:
	[root at localhost]
	# /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

Can any of the machines ping each other?
Can they ping themselves on the IP address associated with eth0?