Greetings!

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Wed Jan 10 01:11:01 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:15:01PM -0800, Schuyler D. Erle wrote:
> Hi, I'm a perl geek who's just relocated to Sonoma Co. to work at O'Reilly
> Net. Just wanted to introduce myself to the list. Looks like I just missed
> this month's meeting. Also, I'm still looking for housing in the vicinity of
> Sebastopol... If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate 'em.

Well, first off, there's a Perl Users group meeting the last Thursday of the
month at the same place as NBLUG meets.

Unfortunately, housing prices have gone up in Sonoma County lately.
Sebastopol in particular.  If you can't find anything in Sebastopol, check
listings for Graton, Forestville, Occidental, Freestone, Cotati, Santa Rosa
and Rohnert Park.  (that basically covers going in either direction from
Sebastopol on Hwy. 12 or Hwy 116.  You can go further out into the country
and include stuff like Guerneville, Rio Nido and Cazadero, but that might be
a bit far out...  Sebastopol is in the "West County" area of Sonoma County,
as is a decent amount of area that wouldn't be a bad drive into Sebastopol.)

I lived for over 20 years in Sebastopol.  Currently living in Rohnert Park,
though.  It's a nice town.

If the place you're looking at is near running water, make sure it's not a
spot that will get flooded when it's flooding around here.  A lot of stuff
in Sonoma County has problems with that every few years.
--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell