Mandrake??

Tom Rowe (PKV) trowe at pezziking.com
Thu Jan 17 15:14:17 PST 2002

Hello everybody,

I just joined NBLUG and enjoyed the last meeting about raid.  Seems like a really knowledgeable group.  I am just learning Linux, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject until I have some time in the saddle, my experience is NetWare, NT and Windows.

My question is, I noticed at the meeting and in the few posts I have read, most users are referring to RedHat, Suse, and Debian.  I have not heard or seen reference to Mandrake.  I started with Redhat, v6.2 and 7.0 for learning purposes, as well as Debian.  I found that Mandrake is easier to install and work with.  So, finally the question: Any thoughts on Mandrake, good or bad, why not use it, why use it, etc.

Just wanted to hear some opinions if it matters....Thanks...Tom Rowe