One last netbooting issue

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 15:26:26 PDT 2002

I have gotten the netbooting system at RCHS to the point where only one
problem remains that I don't already have the answer to.

When a netbooting client shuts down, I need to prevent it from terminating
dhcpcd, because if it does so at any point prior to shutdown, the system
hangs.  I fixed the symlinks that cause the network to shut down on any
runlevel (0, 1, or 6), but when it gets to "Sending all processes the TERM
signal", it terminates dhcpcd and the machine crashes (just like if I had
unplugged the hard disk on a typical computer).  Is there any way to prevent
the system from sending the TERM signal to dhcpcd specifically, or maybe
just prevent the "Sending processes the TERM signal" event from happening at
all?