[NBLUG/talk] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:25:01 PDT 2003

The OpenOffice.org team has announced to Schoolforge that it intends to
launch an education campaign in October (when OpenOffice 1.1 is released)
and put as many copies of OpenOffice in the hands of students and teachers
as possible.

Is anyone here interested in burning and distributing OpenOffice CD's to
public schools?  At some time in the near future, they will release an ISO
with OpenOffice 1.1 that supports Windows auto-run, so if you are
interested, you should not start burning CD's just yet.

I have several contacts in the Cotati-Rohnert Park school district, and I
have a few contacts in the Petaluma school district that I might be able to
utilize.  What other parts of the North Bay would people be able to
distribute to?

This project is being coordinated by "ian" (ian.lynch2 at ntlworld.com), an
OpenOffice.org developer.  There does not appear to be any information on
the OppenOffice.org website yet, but I can provide information (and URL's)
as soon as I receive it.

Lincoln