[NBLUG/talk] Clock Problem

ShadowEyez shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Mon Dec 1 21:19:00 PST 2003

RH 8/2.4.18-14
Every time I boot to linux the system clock is set to about 8 hours before "real time".  I set the clock to "real time" and reboot, and note that the hwclock program synchronizes the system clock to the hardware or realtime clock, then check the BIOS and it shows the "real time".  If I boot to linux and simply restart, the incorrect time will be displayed in the BIOS (meaning the system clock linux software uses set the hardware clock incorrectly).  I have noticed during bootup that before the majority of the services load, there is a message saying "System Clock set to ____" and this sets the system clock to the "real time".  As soon as I log in though, the system clock is changed, so something in the boot process may be to blame.  Any ideas?

TIA
ShadowEyez

BTW - when I say "real time" I do not mean UTC, just the local time.  The time that it says on a watch or clock, that matches the sun's position in the sky ;-)