[NBLUG/talk] [nbs@sonic.net: [vox-announce] Linux Demo in Davis, March 15th, 2003]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 3 12:31:01 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:57:14AM -0800, augie wrote:

> this is pretty interesting. anyone ever been to one of these?

Why, yes! ;^)

For those interested, we started this during the first International Linux
Demo Day, I believe.  Our first venue was the local Farmer's Market.
Eventually, we started going to Border's Books and the Davis Food Co-Op
(they have a little demo kitchen).

The Co-Op has been by far the best location.  There are a lot of passers-by
who are confused to see a computer sitting there.  (Whereas the spot we got
at Borders was near the cafe, where tons of people have laptops and are busy
studying.)

Photos of our various demos can be found towards the bottom of this page:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/

> anyone ever try one of these for NBLUG?

Do it! :^)  Just make sure to advertise it well, otherwise it might not
end up being worth it ;^)

Take care!

-bill!

--