[NBLUG/talk] Newbie and grub>

Jennifer Tracy tiny_tyrant at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 14:42:00 PDT 2003

William,

I followed the instructions in the RedHat installation guide and loaded
Windows XP first.

Then I did the RH 9 install using the GUI and I do not remember seeing
anything about GRUB and the KERNEL at the end.

I tried your suggestions below and they didn't work and I used every number
from 0 to 6 for
/dev/hda%d

I am told that it cannot mount the drive.

So I am about ready to redo the installation of Linux and tell it to use
LILO.

Jenn