[NBLUG/talk] RH rpm question

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Nov 29 14:26:01 PST 2003

I have installed Fedora, however I need to recompile php so that it
includes MySQL and Interbase.  To do that, I need to get the source for
several programs and they inlcude MySQL, Apache (need apxs) and probably
some others (e.g. the gd library for php).

Some time ago, I downloaded some non-rpm tar-balls and after installing
them, the up2date program would no longer work...it said I had some
versions installed that were not in it's list.
Is there a safe way to accomplish what I need?

Todd