[NBLUG/talk] pcmcia: CardServices release does not match!

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Sun Nov 30 10:31:02 PST 2003

Forgive me, luggers, but I need some help with my...

[cue scary shower-scene-from-psycho music]

...Belkin wireless network card! <scream!>

Actually, I am hoping that this is a simple question (as if!).

I have most of the configuration in place, and the card is now
recognized.  The problem comes when the module is loaded.

The module is called pcmf502rd, and when it supposed to load, the
following error message (amongst others) appears in my log:

...kernel: pcmf502rd: CardServices release does not match!

I am running a fresh install of SuSE 8.2, and I believe I am running
card services version 3.2.3 (part of the trouble is that I am unsure
what 'card services' is - my best guess is that it is the pcmcia_core
module?).

I built the most recent version of the Atmel driver, but I don't know
which version of cardservices it would like to find.

I've been googling a bunch, but I'm not sure now what to even look
for.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-dave.