[NBLUG/talk] Grabbing streaming audio to file

Glen Gunsalus G-Gunsalus at Mindspring.com
Fri Jun 4 09:48:32 PDT 2004

Scott,

Thanks for the pointer - works exactly as advertised! I captured from
http://streamer.krcb.org:7778.  I managed to find the correct url for krcb by
scratching around in .RealNetworks_* files.

1) Now if I can figure out the correct URL for KQED.  I have only invoked it
from their webpage and I don't get any information as to stream source - just
reference to kqed_spd-x.ram files in /tmp.    kqed.org:8000 doesn't work.  Any
ideas on were to look?

2) I need to RTFMP for mplayer, but off the top of your head is there a way to
take the e.g. 40kbps stream krcb puts out and capture at lower sampling rate
on the fly? I'm looking to capture voice so a) don't need all that info, b)
don't need multi Mbyte files!.

Thanks for your help.