[NBLUG/talk] Need a LAMP Contact Manager

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Wed May 26 10:56:45 PDT 2004

I'm having a difficult time finding a 'reasonable' contact manager for linux.

I remember years ago the product ACT! that ran in DOS and later in Windows.
It was designed for maintaining your contact (call history), sales and
meetings, etc with clients. It had scheduling and and reminder features, and
allowed cross-referencing via links of contacts as referrals and leads within
the database.

I'd like to find something that performed those function, even if a portion of
them, as well as it did, but that will run on MySQL, and preferably through a
browser.

Anyone have any ideas? At this point I'd be satisfied with competent contact
management, and performing the scheduling externally.

Oh, and I'd prefer to stay away from larger groupware packages. They're much
larger than I need. I've tried Nulllogic Groupware
(http://nullgroupware.sourceforge.net/groupware/)
 -- which I can recommend from the little I've used it for eval -- and a few
other groupware packages, but I don't need internal web mail, bookmarking,
etc.

TIA for any input.

RH