[NBLUG/talk] Upgrading a Debian box to KDE 3.5

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 14:10:25 PST 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 01:29 pm, Troy Arnold wrote:
> I'm using kde 3.5 on unstable right now.  (Eric, close your eyes)...  I'm
> using the packages from Experimental which, you might think, is nuts but
> its all working great.  'Experimental' doesn't actually mean 'totally
> screwed', rather it's a place to try things out package at a time vs.
> system at a time like Sid.
>
> Anyway here's the sources.list entry:
> deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.5.0/ ./

OK, it looks like this will work (i.e. I didn't see a massive number of KDE
applications that would be removed by doing this).

I'll check in later to let you know how it goes.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Repel them.  Repel them.  Induce them to relinquish the spheroid.
		-- Indiana University football cheer

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email