[NBLUG/talk] Debian Rescue Floppy

Mr. Jan Hearthstone hearthstone11 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 12:49:56 PST 2005

In past I inquired about how to use the "Debian Rescue
Floppy"; I got a few pieces of advice, but nothing
worked.
I am again at a point where I have to decide between a
re-install (and losing files), or getting into the hda
and fixing "lilo" that did not get
"dpkg-reconfigure"-d during my kernel re-install.
I googled high and low, but nowhere it says anything
properly how to use the "Debian Rescue Floppy".
The floppy itself says that my old files are on a
"target", but I can never (well, once I've seen it
there, but only once) find any "target", but "target0"
that apparently has nothing to do with my "hda".
Please, tell me how is one supposed to use the "Debian
Rescue Floppy" to fix anything on the "hda"!
Thanks, Hearthstone.

=====
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the military.Legalize the Right to Sleep! http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.htmlhttp://www.MODELEARTH.org