[NBLUG/talk] help with rlogin no-passwd problem

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Tue Feb 8 15:43:19 PST 2005

Look at the PAM txt file I referenced below.  Read it all the way to the end.

"When "promiscuous" is not specified a '+' is handled as a negative
match."

So your +'s are being handled as a negative match.

Then take a look at /etc/pam.d/rlogin

You are dealing with PAM, Pluggable Authentication Modules here.  My guess it
that it is failing on the following line in the rlogin file referenced above.
auth       sufficient   pam_rhosts_auth.so

You could comment that line out and see if your rlogin works, then go back and
make it right in the /etc/pam.d/rlogin and /etc/hosts.equiv file.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com