[NBLUG/talk] How to set up WebDAV on Apache 2?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 21:11:58 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 19:22 -0800, Mark Street wrote:
> I used the apache manual for mod_dav.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dav.html

Now why didn't I think of that?  And why didn't Google think of that,
either?

(Of course, I doubt I'll have time to work on this any more before
Friday...)

> How could mod_dav and Apache2 configuration be that much different between
> Linux distros?  Most of the configuration takes place in the apache
> httpd.conf file.  Ah, I have set up webdav.... but only Red Hat and Fedora
> systems... oh well.

I don't know why it's so different, but it definitely is, and I can
prove it.  Here's my *entire* httpd.conf file:

# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
#
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

It seems that most of the configuration actually takes place in a file
called apache2.conf, and each plug-in has a configuration file of its
own!  Very strange, I'd say.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>