[NBLUG/talk] personal server upgrade... strategy?

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Sun Oct 9 11:46:41 PDT 2005

I've got only one Q. for you...

On Sun, October 9, 2005 10:51, Daniel Smith wrote:

> My motivation is more for "latest security" than anything else.

If you mainly geek on security, why aren't you running Trustix,
or even OpenBSD?

If you aren't going to a primarily-security-oriented developer camp,
I'd guess going to Sarge (or maybe Sid? One of the debian-geeks here
would likely know better than me) + the "main" security updates, plus
maybe some other security-oriented stuff, would be the way to go.

Staying within Debian would obviously be the easiest.

- Steve S.