[NBLUG/talk] personal server upgrade... strategy?

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Sun Oct 9 15:47:33 PDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:51:33AM -0700, Daniel Smith wrote:
}
} I have a debian 3.0 (woody) server at a colo that's due
} for an upgrade.  My motivation is more for "latest security"
} than anything else.
}
} strategy? -  upgrade on top of woody to sarge?
} * start clean?
} * start clean & switch distro to Fedora or something else?

Fedora is pretty unstable, that would be my *last* choice
for your application.

I've done a few woody to sarge upgrades and they worked
without a problem.  The server will be onine for most of the
upgrade, then a reboot at the end to start the new kernel.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us