[NBLUG/talk] Synergy config

Vincent Gonzales vincegonzales at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:25:59 PST 2006

I've been using a program called Synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/)
for a while now. The program allows me to use one mouse/keyboard with two
different computers with their own monitors.  The "server" portion of the
program runs on my WinXP box and the "client" runs on a Mandrake
9.1machine.  The program works flawlessly but I haven't been able to
figure out
how to start the program at boot.  It doesn't work when I put it in my cron,
and in fact, for some reason I can't even start this program by SSHing into
the linux machine.  So if I ever restart the linux box(which is rare, but
still) I actually have to plug a keyboard in to start the program. Now, the
website has a section on configuring the program to autostart (
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/autostart.html) and I have the files listed,
with the exception of my Xsetup file being named Xsetup_0 but the files
don't seem to be of a format that I'm used to, for example all of the
configurations in the Xsetup_0 file are prepended by "if" or "fi", and I
don't really understand what that's all about.  So, anyway, I'm a little
leery about screwing with these config files, (which I know makes me a n00b
;) )

Does anyone use this program or have any advice for me to get this program
to start at boot?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

PS:  I just started using urpmi, so cool!