[NBLUG/talk] Quick note re: MythTV

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Thu May 4 02:28:08 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 09:32:02AM -0700, Jeff Coffler wrote:
> So are you saying that, with a Motorola DCT-6200, you can get some channels
> via firewire, but not all channels?  I would have expected that only
> encrypted channels wouldn't be available via firewire, but all others would
> be.
>
> Is this not the case?

Well, I tried the Science channel (channel 272 on Comcast), and myth didn't
like it.  I must confess, though, I've only tried a few channels -- the
encrypted channels don't work, of course, but I can't think of any reason
they would be protecting the content on Science...

> I've been thinking of moving in this direction, but want to know if I'll
> hit any snags ...

I couldn't get to it last weekend, but this weekend I'm going to try to
generate a comprehensive list of firewire-capable channels for the Santa
Rosa Digital Comcast lineup.

 -Scott