[NBLUG/talk] thunderbird filter problem

steven smith sjs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 17 10:14:26 PDT 2008

David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Believe it or not, this is actually a bizarre "feature".  If you
> right-click on one of those folders and check the box for "check this
> folder for new messages", then TBird will do it automatically, but
> otherwise not.  And, yeah, this appears to need to be done on a
> case-by-case basis for every folder.
I wonder if you only see this check box with IMAP.  I don't
have it on my version of Tbird, but I am using POP.  You
just mouse-over a folder and right-click and it's a
check-box option, right?

I did notice in the edit pull down a folder properties that
looks like it applies properties to all folders.

I found an option in tools/preferences/advanced for "show
expanded columns in folder pane" that I selected and things
seem to be working now.  Unfortuately there's no way I can
tell for sure if it's working or not until it fails.  Last
time it was an email from a lady-friend and had gone
unanswered for more than a week.  Very embarassing...

Thanks
Steve S.