[NBLUG/talk] eee pc

steven smith sjs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 18 10:47:09 PDT 2008

gandalf at sonic.net wrote:
>  Looks like XP is supposed to stop being sold at the end of June.

Maybe, but there's still a demand for XP that Microsoft
hasn't been able to staunch yet.  You can still ask for it
on lots of mail order pc's -- lenovo and some HP machines
for instance.  Microsoft is in it for the money -- they
won't cut off a market if there's a profit in it for them.
They already tried to cut off XP at the store-front and most
shops you walk into still have one or two XP models sitting
around if you ask for 'em.

This might also be the XP-light they've been talking about.
  I don't think the eeepc has enough -- anything -- to run
vista.  I can't imagine the vista desktop on a 7 " screen.

Steve S.