[NBLUG/talk] eee pc

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:58:49 PDT 2008

Just a quick note to everyone that I called Asus to get some
additional info on the Eee, and I wanted to warn you about the 2G
model.

The RAM for the 2G is not soldered onto the mobo, but in order to
access it for replacement you have to virtually disassemble the entire
system. Doing so will void the warranty. This is not the case for the
4G and 8G models, as they have easy access RAM bays and replacing the
RAM does NOT void the warranty.

They also wouldn't tell me how much RAM can be installed in their
single slot, but I've read of people putting in 2GB, but I'm not sure
how necessary that would be on a system like this.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been interested in this system for awhile.