[NBLUG/talk] Sound problem with Skype on Ubuntu 9.04

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Thu Sep 10 09:45:42 PDT 2009

I'm actually using 8.04 in all my setups...the "pulse" (read:audio)
problems went away with newer versions of Flash, like you said. The only
other app I can find that doesn't work is Audacity. Even RDP sessions to
a Win2k3 server works seamlessly with sound, FROM a thin client LTSP
session.

If anyone wants to really learn what PA is, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PulseAudio - it's a bit different than many
might think.

Cheers,
Jordan