[NBLUG/talk] Fwd: Ubuntu and WEP?

Tom Duffy tom at techremedy.net
Thu Sep 10 16:32:31 PDT 2009

I'm a little confused.  Does your friend want to configure the wireless
connection from the command line?  If so, he should use the iwlist and
iwconfig commands.  Ubuntu allows you to use the GUI to do all of this
though.  He should be able to just click on the network manager icon in
the toolbar and select his network.  It will then ask for his key.  If
his network isn't appearing in the list, then his wireless card might
not be configured correctly.  There is a great wireless forum at
www.ubuntuforums.org that will be a great resource for him.

Tom