[NBLUG/talk] Fwd: Ubuntu and WEP?

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Sep 10 16:13:22 PDT 2009

A friend of mine just wrote me with this. I have no experience with wireless under linux. How can I help him out?

I dual booted a Dell 520 laptop today with Ubuntu. Somehow I got stuck
on the wireless configuration. The old D-Link DI-614+ router I'm using
only has WEP encryption. I can't seem to find any help on this type of
wireless setup. I'm guessing on what I should be putting in for BSSID,
MAC address, the router has 3, and DHCP Client ID. Know of any good
tutorials that would cover this?

Terry