[NBLUG/talk] Getting Clamav installed on Knoppix Thumb Drive

Mike Rice dolo724 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 20:26:56 PST 2011

Instead of installing clamav into the ISO space: if you intend only to use it
during an arbitrary boot session, copy the relevant .debs and necessary
libraries onto another partition and install them live. You can partition the
flash drive before  installing the ISO, having one bigger partition for the ISO
install and the  other smaller for debs. I hope 1GB is enough!

You'll have to [dpkg -i *.deb] every time you boot [did that], or else work on
remastering your own knoppix ISO [didn't do that].

mIke