[NBLUG/talk] domain name registrar which uses spam list on outgoing mail?

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Mon Dec 3 17:11:45 PST 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Kendall Shaw wrote:

> So, people send me email and get back an email from some company
> that uses spamhaus saying that email can not be relayed because the
> host is a known spammer. People sending the email interpret this as
> either cognitive dissonance resulting in my having lost
> communication, or they think that I am a spammer.

This bit doesn't make sense to me.  Are you saying that spamhaus
thinks you are a spammer (your MX IP anyway), and so they can't _send_
email to you?  That's bizarre. I've never heard of someone blocking
email _to_ a spammer, only _from_ a spammer.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Voice:707.861.0042       IM:rthille      http://www.rangat.org/rthille