[NBLUG/talk] Cheap laptop capable of running Linux

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Sun Nov 24 13:44:33 PST 2013

On Nov 21, 2013, at 11:48 PM, Zack Gold wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has had success with a very inexpensive ($250 or less) laptop capable of running Linux. I'm willing to go with something that is very, very old, if necessary. The device must have WiFi capabilities so that I can connect to the Internet. I'm probably going to leave the system without a GUI.

If you're willing to do a little work (and it doesn't really take much), you can get a Chromebook (~$200-$250, new) to run a more normal linux distro. For more work, you can flash the bios and have a really 'normal' laptop that pretty much any linux distro will install/run on.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.861.0042     Cell: 707.217.7544