[NBLUG/talk] asus mb heart symbol prompt

Kendall Shaw kshaw at kendallshaw.com
Mon Nov 25 12:08:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm attempting to retrieve stuff from mirrored drives that use a PCI
RAID card. At the moment, the computer that I am using seems to be
having problems. I hope something just needs to be reseated but am not
sure yet.

After POST it displays a heart symbol off to the right of the screen
with the cursor after it, like it is a prompt. It doesn't echo
keystrokes. Do you know what that is indicating? It hasn't booted yet. I
don't see anything about that in the manual.

Kendall