[NBLUG/talk] My Kickstarter project for Cool Mic, an open-source Icecast client

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Sun Dec 6 19:26:31 PST 2015

I've launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign 2 weeks ago for a mobile app I'm having developed. I briefly mentioned it at the end of the NBLUG talk on the Icecast streaming media server this past February. I'm hoping to grab your attention for just a minute to tell you about it.

Cool Mic gives musicians the ability to broadcast themselves online live via Icecast. In reality, it can be used as a general-purpose Icecast client (called a "source client") for any purpose. It captures audio from your Android's microphone and sends it to Icecast, which distributes it to listeners. It can be used for anything from streaming a musical performance, to a conference, to any other type of event or even just you talking about what interests you. Listeners click on a link that you generate from the app and can immediately listen live via their web browser.

The Kickstarter has had a great turnout so far but I need more support for it to reach its goal and for me to receive funding. I would appreciate *any* pledge amount you may be able to give, anything from $5 and up. The campaign ends on December 17th (in 11 days). Currently we're just above 1/3 funded.

Please see the following link for my campaign page and video. I have a lot planned for the future with this. The potential for making waves in the world of music is high due to the massive popularity of related livestreaming apps such as Meerkat and Periscope. I'm hoping you will be as excited about its potential as I am after watching the video.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jerickson/cool-mic-audio-livestreaming-android-open-source

Sincerely,
Jordan