[NBLUG/talk] Anybody interested in AI?

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Wed Dec 9 08:52:52 PST 2015

This is something I'm interested in.  I've found that the discussion of
the terms and concepts in the field is somewhat chaotic.  There are lots
of simple concepts that are made hard because of obfuscation and lots of
hard concepts that are glossed over because nobody understands them
much.  I think that a group that met either online or land-based every
once in a while could help each other out in understanding these things.

Anyway, I set up a Facebook page for anybody who wants to get involved.
If there is interest then we can post and meet up.  If not, then I'll
just take the page down.  Just Like the page and we can start talking if
anybody's interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Sonoma-County-Artificial-Intelligence-Interest-Group-1493619714276055/

One thing I'm working with right now is CMU Sphinx, which is a
surprisingly accurate speech recognizer.  I'm guessing that apps like
Siri and Dragon have borrowed extensively from their code. Maybe as a
first topic we can start talking about Sphinx and how it works.

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/

BTW, I can't help this shameless self-promotion, but as I mentioned in a
I'm really interested in math and computer algorithms.  I think AI is
where the Internet and WWW were in the mid 1990s, it's getting ready to
become very important.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177S8DBA

Thanks.