[NBLUG/talk] June NBLUG meeting summary

Derek B. Noonburg derekn at foolabs.com
Mon Jun 20 09:02:16 PDT 2022

Hey Brad,

A couple of quick comments for you...

You may have found this already, but for LineageOS I recommend checking
the XDA forum occasionally.  There will be a specific thread for the
latest version of LineageOS on each phone.  Here's the OnePlus 6T
thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-fajita-12-lineageos-19.4437349/

I've found it useful to check for known problems with specific weekly
releases, etc.

Signal on f-droid has a long and sordid history.  Signal is open source
(though I've heard they don't always keep the public release up to
date), but they (the Signal organization) don't like third party builds
connecting to their servers.  I suspect there's more to that story, but
I've never dug deeply enough to figure it out.  But yeah, the signal
app isn't on f-droid, and I downloaded it from the signal web site.

- Derek