[NBLUG/talk] Upgrading a Debian box to KDE 3.5

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 09:55:42 PST 2005

I can't seem to find packages for KDE 3.5 in any of the official Debian
branches (stable, testing, unstable), and the only precompiled binaries I can
find on the KDE website are for Kubuntu, SuSE, and Slackware.

Is there a way to install KDE 3.5 on a Debian box without waiting for it to
appear in the official Debian repository, and without trying to build it from
source myself (and thus setting myself up for major headaches the next time I
try to apt-get any KDE-related packages)?  Perhaps I could get away with
installing the packages for another Debian-based distro?   (Looking at what
would happen if I were to add KDE's Kubuntu repository to my sources and
perform a dist-upgrade is NOT encouraging.)

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

For children with short attention spans: boomerangs that don't come back.

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards