[NBLUG/talk] Sound problem with Skype on Ubuntu 9.04

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Sep 10 10:56:03 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:22:40AM -0700, Jordan Erickson wrote:
> Flaming an open source
> technology is just about as productive as screaming at a flat tire.

Well, I think the issue is the adoption of not-working-very-well software.
It would've been nice if Ubuntu hadn't shoved PulseAudio down my throat. ;)

And seriously, sometimes venting helps.  I think most of us DO realize
that open source is made mostly by volunteers, sometimes it's buggy,
yada yada yada.

And yes, I realize that when my network isn't working, smacking my keyboard
doesn't help the network connectivity.  It makes ME feel better, though. ;)

-bill!